Friday, February 23, 2018


Make Your Own Background

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Using Lawn Fawn Products


I started off by taking the presents image from "Toboggan Together" from Lawn Fawn and stamping it in VersaFine Onyx Black Ink onto Canson Watercolor Paper. I then used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color all the presents in and added a drop shadow to the left and the bottom side of all the presents.


 I layered my panel with some strong double-sided adhesive to a piece of black cardstock, then to a teal card base with Tombo tape runner. I stamped "Happy Birthday" from Simon Says Stamp.       onto black cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed it in white. I adhered the sentiment strip to the panel with 3M foam tape. Finally I added some details to the presents with a white gel pen and an EK Success journaling pen.


It was really fun to see that I had a Designer Spotlight for the Monday Challenge on Simon Says Stamp blog. I did not even know until I looked at my e-mail and Beulah Bee and sent me a congratulations. It has been really good for me to get back into my crafting after taking a break and trying my hand at some carpentry. I love to color and create these cards that I can give. And maybe inspire others to pull out their supplies and create some of their own. 

If you would like to see the fun that's going on at Simon Says Stamp and participate in the challenge, follow the link below.





1 comment:

  1. Love your idea for our theme this week, Linda! That drop shadow works so well - I was marvelling at all your fussy-cutting until I went back and read that detail! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.