Saturday, April 21, 2018

"SMILE"

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 381

For my inspiration for this card, I was just playing around with a technique that I saw recently from an Altenew video by Lydia. Here

I was not planning on using this, but it actually turned out first go around, but I was not recording or taking pictures along the way.

I cut the "Smile" Die-Namic from My Favorite Things out of some Eclipse masking paper and laid the negative space, centered, onto a panel of Nina Solar White cardstock.

I blended the smile in with some My Favorite Things Inks. Insulation pink at the top, blended into Bubblegum Pink at the bottom. Then to fill it in, I used a stamp set by W Plus 9 called "No One Else" You can use any stamp set that you have that has really small images for this. Because of the size of the spaces in the smile, I wanted to see what I was stamping. For larger dies, you could use larger images.

I covered them with a Wink Of Stella clear glitter pen, and then stamped my sentiment from My Favorite Things " All About You" in VersaFine black ink.


I layered it up onto a Rose Red cardstock and then onto a white card base. I added three clear Nuvo Crystal Drops to the lower right hand side of the card.


And that completes this card. I hope that you will give this a try. I can't wait to see what else I can think of to do this technique with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.