Friday, April 6, 2018

A Trio of Something

Fancy Florals

Welcome.

The challenge for Monday is to use products from Dyan Reaveley. I have to say that I did not realize that I owned anything from this designer. So I clicked on the link from her name to see what she has designed to get a feel of what I wanted to create. Then realized that I owned one stamp set and a coordinating stencil. I do not use texture paste very often, but I felt that this stencil was telling me to use this technique. I used a piece of Arches cold press watercolor paper.


 After I applied the paste and let it dry, I used an air puffer or spritzer tool to add some soft color with copic markers. I love how this part turned out, so I decided to take the spritzer tool to the flowers as well, but with stronger color. I stamped the flowers from DYlusions "Fancy Floral" in Simon Says Intense black ink onto a piece of Nina Solar White cardstock. Then I cut them out.


I wasn't sure how I felt about them after, and used some Prismacolor colored pencils to try to add some more detail to them so they didn't look like I colored them with the big school crayons.


 

I finally decided to try adding some color with Copic markers.  I added the Mother's Day sentiment from W Plus 9 "Strictly Sentiments 4" in Simon Intense Black Ink. I also added a sentiment to the inside of the card from the same set. I added some splatters to the card with a Copic marker.


I added some pearl drops to the card. I really love the soft background, and I am going to definitely use this stencil again.



If you would like to participate, visit Simon's Monday challenge here.

I hope you have a great day!








1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card and those Dylusions flowers look lovely against the background! Thank you so much for sharing and playing along over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.