Thursday, June 7, 2018

Not a Traditional Wedding Card

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Welcome!

A couple of months ago I saw Sandy Allnock use this image, and fell in love with it. 

I started this card by figuring out the layout of where I wanted the image and where I wanted the sentiment.

I am using Neenah Solar White 80 lb cardstock for the panel.



I inked up the giraffe image from Impression Obsession with Simon Says Stamp Stone ink. And then with a baby wipe going around the edges to make the edges fade out. I stamped that, and then did the same thing with Memento Tuxedo black ink, but inking up less of the edges of the stamp. 

I also stamped the image on some Eclipse masking paper and then cut it out with a pair of scissors.






I stamped the sentiment with the same black ink and then covered the giraffe image with the masking tape so that I could use the spritzer tool to add a little blue around the giraffes.







I used a B00 Copic marker to add the color and then I removed the mask.


















I then used Copic markers to color in the giraffe images. I used E19, E25, E53, E97, Y17, Y21, Y23, YR00, and YR14.






I then used the My Favorite Things Rectangle STAX A2 dies to cut the panel down so that I could add a black piece of cardstock underneath my panel and then a turquoise colored card base as well.








I really like this set, and hope to get the chance to use it again soon.

I hope that you have a great day!









1 comment:

  1. Oh this would have been a wonderful card to send to my niece for her wedding, she absolutely adores giraffes. Beautiful work colouring them.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.