Sunday, June 3, 2018

Birthday Shaker Card

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 389

My Favorite Things Color Challenge 94





Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Welcome! Hope you are having a terrific day.



I started my card today by using the My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle STAX set 1, and using the smallest rectangle from the set, cutting 3 rectangles in a panel of Neenah Solar White Cardsock. 






I then used the same rectangle die and the second to smallest of the My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle STAX set 2, and made three frames from some gold foil cardstock.









I used Simon Says Stamp Apricot and Lake Shores ink along with Broken China Distress ink and My Favorite Things Lemon Chiffon to color in the three rectangles and a star I created from the My Favorite Things Stitched Star Peek-a-Boo Window die.











I stamped the chick, cow, and sheep from the My Favorite Things Animal Farm on a piece of window acetate where they would by over the rectangle cut-outs. I stamped the cow on both the acetate and the cut-out panel. 



Then I glued the frames around the rectangles and the panel to the acetate. Then I drew on the parts of the cow that was covered by the frame, and colored in the cows spots. I also added more curly wool to the sheep.

I then adhered the colored rectangles to a black piece of cardstock and applied some 3M   foam tape around them. I laid the cut-out panel on top and decided that I wanted some ribbon above and below the cut out shapes.


I added some small gold and clear sequins to two of theft-out areas, and silver glass glitter to the center cut-out area. then I adhered the panel tot he top.

I wanted to dress up the star so I stamped the Howdy from the Animal Farm set on it and used a Faber Castel liner pen to add dots and dashes to the outer edges.





I used a scrap strip of black cardstock to stamp the Happy Birthday from All of Us, and then white heat embossed it. I adhered these to the panel and then adhered the panel to a Neenah Solar White card base.

Thank you so much for visiting me.





1 comment:

  1. Your card is so cool with all that dimesion !!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.