Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Mr. and Mrs.

Polka Dots

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Welcome!

We recently attended a wedding reception and when I purchased the gift, I bought a cute bag to put the gift in and wanted a card that matched it. 


I tried to use a stencil that I had but the dots were too small for the look that I was going for. 

I started by making a mask of the sentiment and laying it in the center of a card panel of Nina Solar White cardstock. Then I took some ink in three different colors. One of them being black, and stamped the dots (or berries) from the Altenew Majestic Mistletoe stamp set onto the panel.
 Then I took the mask off the panel and treated it with an anti-static powder tool and stamped again using VersaMark ink and gold heat embossing it. 
I stamped the Sentiment onto the panel using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so that I could stamp it twice and get a dark crisp impression.

I adhered the panel to a black card base and added a white panel to the inside for a place to write the message.


I will definitely be making another card similar to this one at some point. I love polka-dots!

Hope you liked this and use this idea for yourself.

Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. This is elegant and you did a great job of capturing the bag with the card.
    Thanks so much for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.