Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Work It Wednesday

Green

I have chosen to take the color green and make my background using Alcohol Inks and Yupo Paper.

I have enjoyed using the Alcohol Inks lately and I saw a video (I can"t remember who, but if I find it I will add it here later) of someone applying foil to them when it is almost dry. I love this technique when I do it correctly. You need to wait until the inks are almost completely dry.


After I created the background I adhered it to a white card base with some strong adhesive and craft fun foam. I then Stamped the "You" on a piece of velum with VersaMark and heat embossed it in black, being careful not to heat it to much so that the velum does not warp. I adhered that to the panel behind the letters and down where the word strip sentiment will be with some Distress Collage Medium Matte. I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of black cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in gold. then I adhered it to the rest with some 3M foam tape.To finish it off I added some gold drops with some gold pearl drops.


I created a second one as well using the same steps, just changing the sentiments. This one had a little more blue in the background.




Thanks for visiting and I hope you will give this a try.

If you would like to play along with Simon's Work It Wednesday, you can find the link here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.