Thursday, March 1, 2018

My Favorite Things Color Challenge 88

Tickled Pink, Wild Cherry, Summer Splash, and Black Licorice.

I do not have the colors for My favorite Things, but hope to collect some soon. So for now, I try to use distress inks where it will work, but I thought my other inks were closer to these colors. 

I started by blending the three colors onto my Nina Solar White 80 lb card panel which I cut to 4"x 5 1/4."  



It does not look like they blended very well, but as the colors soaked into the paper they looked better.

I used this beautiful "Mesmerizing Mandala" stamp from My Favorite Things to stamp it onto my blended panel with VersaMark ink and then white heat embossing it. Then I cut the "Happy Birthday To You" Die-Namics with by Big Shot out of. my panel and to some black fun foam.



I applied some strong double-sided adhesive tape to the entire back of my panel and adhered it to a piece of black cardstock, and then to a bluish colored card base. That left the adhesive in the letter areas exposed so I could add the black foam pieces to them. Then I used some Distress Collage Medium Matte to the top of the black foam letters and stuck the cut out letters from my panel on top. Making sure to stick the center of the letters and like letters to the correct areas.


This is a side view. You can see the black foam gives a fun added dimension.


I left this without doing anything else. I liked the simplicity of it. 

If you would like to see more or come play along, visit the My Favorite Things blog here.

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.