Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Polychromatic

White With Pops Of Color

Welcome.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. When I was thinking about which lesson I wanted to focus on, originally I was drawn to the monochromatic theme. I started my card today by cutting the Merry and Christmas out of the Merry Christmas Dies from Altenew from Neenah Solar White 80 lb. card stock a bunch of times and I also cut some out of black card stock as well. 
I applied VersaMark ink to some of the white paper die cuts and silver heat embossing them. Then layered them offset on top of the black die cut pieces.                                                               I ink blended a background panel and layered the die cuts on top of it. This is the point that I decided to go a different route than what I originally thought.
I die cut the Merry and Christmas dies again out of some fun foam to create a stamp out of the dies. I then stamped them diagonally onto a new panel of the Neenah card stock.
I laid the silver heat embossed dies underneath the stamped ones and continued stamping the images down the panel. 
I cut a large snowflake from Concord & 9th Snow Flurry Dies out of Clearprint Heavy weight velum. I then used the Ranger Perfect Medium on the edges of the large snowflake and silver heat embossed it. 















For the pop of color on my card, I blended Coral Bliss Ink from Altenew onto a scrap piece of Neenah card stock. I then cut the smaller snowflake out of this blended panel.















I wanted the outside of the  snowflake to be darker so I pounced some Vineyard Berry ink onto the edges of the snowflake.

I used the same two colors of ink to blend on the outer edges of a white card base. 





I adhered the panel onto the card base with some Tombo Mono Tape Runner Adhesive. I used a liquid Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere the small snowflake to the large snowflake and then to adhere it the panel.

I cut thin strips of 3M foam tape and adhered the Merry Christmas to the card with them.

I adhered a large rhinestone tot he center of the snowflake.

Before the colors dried all the way it was a little more red than it ended up being. But I still love the way this card turned out.

Thanks for joining me!








1 comment:

  1. GREAT tutorial/process photos! Love the mix of embossing and die-cutting! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.