Monday, November 12, 2018

Magic Marker Techniques

Making a Stencil and Filling it in.

Welcome!

The lessons were using Altenew Alcohol markers, but since I do not own any of them, I will be using a Copic marker. And I will be doing a different technique with it than was shown in the classes. 
I am starting the card today by cutting a mask with Eclipse masking paper and the Leaf Frame Cover die from Altenew. I adhered the negative portion of the mask to a Neenah Solar White 80 lb. card panel. 
I used an air Spritzer tool and a BG75 Copic marker to add color to the panel. I originally thought I would make it more like an ombre background, so I used three colors and removed the mask but did not like it. I put the masks back onto the panel and did it all over with the BG75 marker.
I removed the masked and added Wink Of Stella clear pen all over the green leaf parts. 











I blended a piece if Neenah Solar White card stock so I could Die cut the Hello from Altenew's Flower Arrangement dies with Galactic Stream and Emerald Crisp Dye Inks. I used both of the colors to try to match the Copic marker. I cut three white hello's and one out of the blended piece.  I adhered them together with a two-way liquid glue pen.

I added clear Wink Of Stella over the Hello and then clear heat embossed it. I adhered the leaf panel to a white card base and then adhered the Hello to the middle.






Thanks for visiting!





1 comment:

  1. AWESOME job on using the die as a stencil! The monochromatic theme is gorgeous! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.