Thursday, November 29, 2018

Beyond Basic Backgrounds

DIY Stencil

Hello,

I hope you are having a great day.

I liked the class where freezer paper was used and adhered to a panel with an iron. I made a card using that technique, but I also liked the lesson where you create your own stencil. In the lesson, she used normal card stock to create the stencil, but I used some Eclipse Masking paper to create my stencil.

I cut the leaf from Altenew's Garden Treasure Dies several times from a piece of Eclipse Masking Paper slightly larger than a card panel. I cut more leaves on one end than the other, then laid the masking paper on a Neenah Solar White card panel.

I blended Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Moss, and Hunter Green Altenew crisp dye inks, working from the bottom with the lighter ink to the darker at the top.
I used the leaf stamp from the coordinating stamp set with VersaMark ink and gold heat embossed them.

I used the inks to blend round the outside of the card base and also a strip of Neenah card stock for the sentiment.















I stamped the sentiment from Altenew's Mega Succulent stamp set with VersaMark ink and gold heat embossed it. It did not show up as much as I wanted so I stamped it again but offset slightly, with the VersaMark ink and white heat embossed it.

I cut a piece of velum to layer the sentiment strip on top of.

I adhered 3M foam tape to the back of the sentiment and adhered it to the card with some gold threads underneath it.

Finally, I added some gold sequins to the panel and then I adhered it to the card base.

Thanks for visiting here today.




 







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous DIY stenciled project! I love the additional embossing details! The placement of leaves and elements work beautifully! I love the movement and flow, too. I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.