Friday, May 4, 2018

Time Out 2

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge



Welcome!

As with my last blog post, this weeks challenge brought an image to my head of a child in a time out. Which probably would not make for a very good card..... here is my card of a child in time out, thanks.

I tried several different backgrounds with the sticker that I found at a local craft store. and took out my Gears stencil from The Crafters Workshop to add something to go with it as well.

I took the clock sticker and tried to dry emboss it onto velum. Tore every time. Then I triad to my Heidi Swapp toner pen and then foil it on the velum. Wasn't the look I was going for. I laid a piece of velum on top of the sticker and used some Faber Castel pens to draw the image onto the velum with the help of various circles.

 Next, I laid the gear stencil onto a panel and traced it, then colored it in with a black colored pencil. Did not like that under the velum panel. Tried to ink up the stencil with black ink and run that through my Big Shot to apply the color to the panel. Ended up smearing and still was not liking this look. I took the stencil and did the same thing but with Unicorn white ink from Hero Arts and ran it through on black cardstock. Let it dry and then colored it in with a Faber Carstel white colored pencil.






I found a sentiment from Stampin' Up! Time Well Spent and stamped in onto black cardstock with VersaMark ink and white heat embossed it. Layered it onto a piece of gray cardstock and adhered that and some silver floss to my card with 3M foam tape.

I adhered some Pretty Pink Poash sequins to the card.

This completes this card, with some pieces to make something else as well. I will tuck them away until I need something like this.


Hope you have found some inspiration in this and want to give something like it a try.

Thanks for visiting here!



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Since I am a fan of all the shades of grey, this project is absolutely perfect. Love the black huge clock and the beautiful background. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.