Sunday, May 20, 2018

Simon Says Stencil It

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Welcome crafters, and anyone who is interested in what I have created here. I hope it will give you some inspiration to try something new for yourself.

I thought that I had taken more pictures during the creation of this card. When I went to create this post I realized that I did not have any pictures before this one.

I started this card by adding VersaMark ink to the stencil and then laying a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock on top of the stencil and running it through my die cutting machine using the embossing mat. Then I added white embossing powder to it and heat set it with my heat tool.

I took another piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and applied some white texture paste to that one and let it dry overnight. I used some Kuretake Gansai Tambi white shimmery watercolor and applied that over the entire texture paste surface. Then I let it dry again. I then adhered that to a white card base.

I took the embossed panel and used Distress inks to blend color onto it and then cut out the shape that I wanted.

I used a craft nice to cut slits in the panel and curled the edges of the cuts to add dimension to that star panel. I used 3M foam tape to adhere it to the textured card base. I added some clear gems from Studio Katia and some aquamarine Glamour Gliz hot fix crystals around the card.

For my sentiment I chose to add the Thinking of You from Simon Says Stamp Thoughtful Messages stamp set to a blue cardstock with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and black embossing powder, and heat set it. I couldn't decide where I wanted the sentiment to end up, so I took a picture with it in two of the spots that I thought that it might work.
 Leave me a comment and let me know which one is better.



Thanks so muck for visiting!




2 comments:

  1. SO beautiful! love your card love your coloring love your use of this stencil! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning!! That color really pops against the white background.

    Thanks for joining us this week for Stencil It at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.