Friday, September 14, 2018

My Favorite Things



Coloring Virtuoso Category

Welcome Back.

I have another card for the contest going on over at My Favorite Things Blog. This one is for the coloring virtuoso category.

I started the card by taking the Happy Birthday Centerpiece Die-Namics from My Favorite Things to trace the outline of the cake on my Neenah Solar White card panel. I went to the My Favorite Things store, but could not find this anymore, so I apologize that it is not available anymore.



Then I used the smallest rectangle from the A2 Rectangle stacks die-namics and 3M Post It Note tape and created the chevron pattern on the mask to cut it apart. I blended the chevron shape on the middle layer with Lush Lagoon and Poppy inks.
I used the same inks to color in and blend color to the top layer and the bottom layer. I also added some berrylicious to the bottom layer. 


I used some Sour Apple ink and more Post It Note tape to create a stripe of green on the middle layer.








I took a triangular piece of fun foam and EZ Mount static cling mounting foam to make a stamp. I used the stamp and made a banner on the bottom layer first with white pigment ink and then with some coordinating colors.

I used the "Party Balloons" stamp set (not available anymore either:(...) to stamp the starburst image on the bottom layer with VersaMark ink and then silver heat embossed them.

I roughly masked off the cake and used Banana Split and Daffodil inks to blend color on the background. 

I used a variety of Gel pens to color in various details on the layers, candles, flames and background. I then used a Perfect Pearls sticky ink pen to color in shapes on the candle flames and then silver heat embossed them as well.

 I mounted the panel onto a yellow card base.

Hope you have a great day!


I got the inspiration to create this card from a gift bag that I purchased. I like to give cards that go along with bags that I buy.










2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so creative and I love the idea to make a coordinated card with a gift bag. Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative and it looks fabulous! Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.