Monday, September 17, 2018

It's a Wrap

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Hello. So glad you joined me.

I have been enjoying making cards to match gift bags lately, so when I saw this challenge, I had the perfect idea. I went and found some gift bags that I wanted to use, and make cards to go with them.

I started with my favorite bag and am making a card by using Simon Says Stamp "Make Your Mark" stamp set to stamp the candles at the bottom of a Neenah Solar White cardstock panel in different colors of Stampin' Up! inks. 

Then I used Copic markers to add some stripes and polka dots to some of the candles. I also used a white jelly pen to add details on the candles.

I put double sided adhesive on the back of some gold glitter paper and used from Altenew "Mini Blossoms" dies and W Plus 9 "Southern Summer Floral 2" dies and cut leaves from it. And then cut some of the edges with some little craft scissors to vary them so they all did not look the same. I adhered them to the panel and then took a black Copic Multiliner pen to draw the wick between the flame and the candle.

I drew a line in pencil where I wanted to write Happy Birthday, and then wrote it in pencil first and then with the Copic Multiliner pen.

I masked off the Happy Birthday with some Post it masking tape. Then I took Tonic "Beautiful Bokeh Essential Stencil" and taped in on top of the panel. I spread Ranger Distress Collage Medium Matte over the stencil where I wanted it, and then removed the stencil and added gold glitter to the panel. I then made sure to clean the stencil so the glue did not dry on it.


I adhered the panel when everything was dry to a white card base. 

If you would like to play along on the challenge, visit Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

I hope this gives you lots of fun ideas as well.




1 comment:

  1. This is very cute set, love the way they matches and the colorful candles, this is such a b-day project! Thank you for wrapping up with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.