Thursday, October 22, 2020

Altenew Educator Program Level 3- Part 2

 Hello, and Welcome.

I hope you are having a good day.

Card 2 for level 3, I chose from the classes, "Clean, Simple and Colorful Techniques. This set of classes was taught by Laura Bassen, which was a fun set of classes. She has such a fun, bubbly personality.

The specific class was the last one, Smoosh resist with an acetate sheet and ink.





For this card, I started with a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper . Treated it with an anti-static powder bag, and stamped the flower and leaves from Altenew's Flower Garden stamp set with VersaMark ink so that I could heat emboss them with white embossing powder.

Once that was heated and set,

 I used some Tim Holtz Distress inks in, 

                                       Salty Ocean

Twisted Citron

Squeezed Lemonade 

  Ripe Persimmon

                                          Abandoned Coral

                                        and Festive Berries






I used an acetate sheet from a small stamp set and squished some ink on the acetate, then used a spray bottle to spray it with a couple squirts of water. I then flipped it over and let the ink and water soak in the paper as I moved the acetate around to get my desired look. I continued to do this with all the colors, until I had the look that I wanted.






Once that was dry, I took a small amount of Ranger Perfect Pearls, in the color Perfect Pearls, and placed it on my craft mat and mixed it with a small amount of water and then splattered it all over the card, making sure there was larger and smaller splatters.




I then used Altenew's "For All Seasons" stamp set to create a sentiment, by heat embossing the Happy Birthday in silver embossing powder onto a piece of black card stock.









I unwound some silver thread in coils to the top of the card, and adhered the sentiment on top of the coiled thread with some 3M foam adhesive.




I cut a piece of black card stock about a 1/4" bigger on both side and centered the card on top of it. Then I adhered them to a teal card base. And lastly, I adhered some Studio Katia water droplets to the card.













I love the way this card turned out. You never know what this loose style of watercolor smooshing will turn out like.

Thanks for visiting!

For more information on the Altenew Educator Program, see link below.



1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! However, to step up the card, as to make it more of a Level 3 project, you can add additional colouring to the images, just a darker shade from that of the background to make the images stand out.
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.