Monday, February 5, 2018

Welcome!


My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge


I thought that I would try to make some cards by participating in some of the challenges that some of my favorite stamp companies hold.

My Favorite Things Sketch 370.



I started by taking a heart cookie cutter and tracing half of it onto a folded piece of cardstock. Then I cut it out with a pair of scissors.

I placed a piece of white cardstock into my stamp positioner and stamped my dragon and smoke from the "My Favorite Things" "Magical Dragons" stamp set, in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

Then I took the heart and placed in top where I stamped my dragon and smoke. And then I blended some Barn Door Distress Ink around the outside, making it darker right up next to the heart.

I then colored my images in with Copic markers and outlined the images with an EK Success journaling pen. I placed my panel back into my stamp positioner and stamped "You Make My Life MAGICAL" in VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I wanted another little smoke spot. So I drew one in with my EK Success pen and used Copic markers to add some dimmension.

Then adhered the panel to some fun foam with double-sided adhesive, then to my red card base with some more double-sided adhesive.

I added Wink Of Stella to the smoke, tummy, inside of feet, and horns, and added a little white highlights with a white gel pen. Finished by adding some Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops to his eyes and that's my card



Thanks for joining me today.

Copic Colors used.... C1, C3,  C5, R00,  R32, R35, R59, YG03, G05, YG67

No comments:

Post a Comment

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.